Q. - How do you avoid damaging my house with the high pressure?
A. - Though 'pressure cleaning' is what the service is called and the equipment is capable of producing high pressure output most cleaning is at low pressure. Our equipment can produce up to 3500 PSI of pressure. Using various tips with the pump allows us to reduce the pressure to about 300 PSI or less. The cleaning is aided by various cleaning agents for the type of job. A more important number is the gallons per minute (GPM). Our equipment can pump 8 GPM which provides increased cleaning power. That volume allows us to clean efficiently in a reduced amount of time.

Q. - What is the difference in renting or buying my own pressure washer or hiring a service?
A. - There is a difference in the capability of the equipment. Most home equipment is not able to provide the cleaning power. It may have a similar PSI (pounds per square inch) as commercial equipment but the volume of water is minimal. Most of the homeowners I speak with spend a full day doing what we can complete in about 2 hours. Also, many 'do it yourself' pressure washers do not realize that the cleaning is not a result of the high pressure. Professional pressure cleaners have equipment designed to safely use clelaning solutions. Many home users damage screens and painted surfaces by using high pressure to close to the surface.

Q. - Will my plants be damaged?
A. - We have cleaned hundreds of homes and commercial buildings and have found that the general cleaning solution used is to mild to injure most plants. Measures are taken to avoid plant damage such as watering before and after or covering if needed. Roof cleaning may require a stronger cleaning solution however and some sensitive plants can may be effected. Please notify us if you have plants that need additional care and we will take care to use all options to protect them. If your plants are under stress due to transplanting or drought it may be advisable to reschedule a cleaning. One of the ingredients used in our cleaning ssolution is sodium hypochlorite (commonly called 'chlorine') which is bio-degradable. In the environment chlorine breaks down to the chemicals that form it - water, oxygen and salt. When used properly by experienced operators, chlorine is safe and effective in removing mold, mildew and algae.

Q. - How often should I clean my house?
A. - Your house should remain mildew and algae free for about two years. Some environments are more likely to have a quicker re-growth. When algae and mildew begin to grow they can spread with wind-born spores. Wlakways or wood decks that get heavy mildew should be cleaned if they become slippery to avoid possible injury. Whyte Wash offers a roof maintenance program with our initial cleaning to return annually and maintain the algae retardent. If the roof does get a re-growth it will be removed during the maintenance. This annual cleaning is about a quarter of the cost of a one time cleaning.

Q. - Why should I clean my roof?
A. - Roof cleaning can extend the life of your roof as well as save on energy costs for the homeowner.